Wednesday 22 June 2011

PYO


Let me tell you a little something about me and Chloe.
Chloe and I?
Me and Chloe?
Whatevs.
Me & Chlo lived together in our first year as students in Leeds.
Actually, we were the very first ones to move into our student house.
We'd never met one another before and we didn't really know each other, but on that first night away from our families, in our own house, we both ended up sleeping in my room.
We said that it was because we'd just painted Chlo's room and the paint fumes were still really strong, but really we were both just a little bit scared.
So on the first day that we met one another, 
we ended up both going to sleep in my bed that very same night.
That first day of knowing one another has pretty much set the tone for our entire friendship.
Completely comfortable.

Which is why on days when I have a lot of free time, like today, 
I text Chlo, jump in the car and go and do something a bit random.
Like strawberry picking. 



I don't know if the strawberries were actually nicer strawberries, 
or if there's just some psychological stigma attached to picking your own that makes them taste better, 
but honestly, the strawberries I picked today were the nicest strawberries I've ever eaten. 
Ever.
You'll have to take my word for it.
Plus, I got an entire punnet for less than two quid, 
which actually makes the whole situation even sweeter.

Anyway, picking strawberries today with Chlo was the bomb.
Pretty much the perfect way to spend a mildly sunny/mildly cloudy/mildly rainy afternoon.
We might even go again on Friday.
Would that be too soon?





No comments:

Post a Comment