Thursday 14 July 2011

Imagine an accent: Take 2


I think there must be something inside of me that draws Chinese people to me.
Like a magnet or something.
That, or I have 'if you are Chinese please come and talk to me and say something funny to me' tattooed on my forehead.

So, I'm paying for all of the stuff that had crept into my basket in Boots and I look over at the Dior counter, where there's a Chinese sales assistant stood staring at me.
I didn't stare back, because that would have been awkward, but as I'm putting my purse back in my bag and getting ready to leave, I look up and happen to make eye contact with said sales assistant.
Next thing I know, the Chinese Dior lady runs over to me (literally runs) and says to me.... 
"I just have to tell you that you have beautiful lips." 
Then she runs back over to her counter before I even have chance to say thank you.
In hindsight, I think that she must have meant that red lipstick suits me (which is what I was wearing today...obviously), because no-one has ever commented on my actual lips before.
And more than the fact that no-one has ever commented on/complimented my lips before, no-one has ever run towards me, offered up the compliment and then run away again.
Not that I'm complaining.
I think I want to make friends with a Chinese person.

No comments:

Post a Comment