Friday 8 July 2011

Dough-nuts

So we're just getting to the end of dinner and I remember that I didn't make any brownies, like I'd planned to.
Now, if it's just Ross & I for dinner, it's pretty rare that we have dessert.
But when we have people over, like we did last night, I feel bad if I don't serve something sweet at the end. 
Like I've somehow short changed my guests into coming over for dinner and literally only giving them dinner.
Surely that is not what a good Mormon hostess does.
Aren't we supposed to have homemade baked goods in our house at all times? 
Anyway, so we finish dinner and Chlo mentions that her & J-rad had Krispy Kremes yesterday.
Now, I love a good doughnut as much as the next person, but even I would draw the line at driving all the way to either Manchester or Preston just to get my doughnuts fix. 
So I said, "what?! You went all the way to Manchester? For a doughnut?"
Turns out they hadn't.
A Krispy Kremes had opened up near Ikea, which is only 10 minutes away.
Only-10-minutes-away!
Right then, I knew that I had dessert sorted.
Krispy Kremes for all!
 Honestly, my happiness was just about ready to spill out of me when they brought warm, glazed doughnuts to everyone waiting in the queue. 
Seriously, there are few things more delicious than that.




Lemon meringue pie, in doughnut form.
Genius.
Whoever thought of that needs to knighted.
At least.

No comments:

Post a Comment