Thursday 27 October 2011

What's in a name?

I remember between the ages of 7 and 11, 
being obsessed with finding out the first names of all of the teachers that worked in my primary school.
In the school dining hall 
(trust me, that sounds a lot more fancy than it was) 
there would be a little board with all of the teacher's initials that would be rotated depending of whose turn it was to have lunch first that week.
(As a little side note, I absolutely hated when my class was the last in for lunch, because I was such a slow eater that I would literally end up sat entirely alone whilst I finished up.
Sad, huh?)
I have no idea how I would find them out, but I was so happy when the day came that I could sit in the dining hall, look up at that little board and full name all of the teachers.
Now, I can only remember a few.
June Dunkley.
Malcolm Richardson.
Mark Abbott.
Jennifer Butler.

It blows my mind that in less than a year, my first name will be the subject of so much young fascination and intrigue.
Am I ready for that -
To be on the opposite side of my own childhood memory?
It scares me a bit, but I think that I might be.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, My name is Sarah and I was introduced to your blog via Young People in Love and I have to tell you that I thoroughly enjoy your writing style! (also, although you might think it's creepy, I wanted to tell you I think you're beautiful) My husband and I are on the verge of making some incredible life changing decisions and your posts remind me of  the possibility we might have of living in Europe while he attends school... It's an exciting and incredible opportunity, one that I've been hoping for for a long time and I'd like to thank you for keeping that dream alive for me by sharing tidbits of your life on this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you, thank you very much! (In my mind, that's said in an Elvis style!) I appreciate that so, so much. If your considering Europe, I really, really hope that England, or anywhere in Britain is on your list. It might rain a lot, but its all the extra water that make it so green and beautiful, and if you came over I could recommend all of the places worth actually going to. You would love it! And I didn't find that creepy at all - compliments are never creepy.

    ReplyDelete