Tuesday 21 December 2010

I-Need-A-Little-Christmas

My house (I know, I know, it's a flat, but I call it a house) is completely devoid of any kind of Christmas decoration/cheer/festivities. 


In hindsight, I should have not let the practicality of my own mind take over where Christmas is concerned.  We don't have a Christmas tree. So no baubles, no tinsel, no twinkling fairy lights, no Christmas star. We don't have a nativity scene or any Christmas paintings. We don't have any gingerbread anythings or any popcorn garlands. 


We have a set of red reindeer lights strung around our TV and a felt snowflake garland hung next to the door. And that is it. Oh, and we have some snow. But we all know that I wish we could trade the snow for something else.


The humbug reason we don't have any of these things is because Mr. K & I thought that with it just been the two of us we don't need it. Mistake. We do need it. And the practical reason is that we don't have anywhere to store all of the Christmas decorations afterwards. 


So Christmas doesn't feel like it's happening yet. Correction, it feels like Christmas is happening around me. I love Christmas though. But I have a cold and I think that a considerable amount of mucus has settled on my brain and is impeding on the Christmas joy portion. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment