Thursday 17 March 2011

St. Patricks Day



Officially, today is called St.Patricks today. By me however, it's been called various different things. St. Paddys day, Ireland Day, Irish Day, Potato Day & St. Kathryn's Day (because she's the only Irish friend I have, so I celebrate her.) 


I've never celebrated St. Patricks day before. But today I even wore green, hugged an Irish girl, sang B*Witched & Ronan Keeting songs and said 'power shower' a few hundred times. (Power shower are the only two words I can say with a remotely Irish accent by the way.) I even made a St. Patricks day drink. I say made a drink, it was just lemonade with green food colouring in it. But I felt like it helped me to get in the spirit. I was close to dancing a jig at one point.


I'm not even Irish. (I kind of wish I was so that I'd have a sweet, sweet accent though.) Actually, I've never even been to Ireland before. That's kind of a sad thing I suppose. That I celebrate the Patron Saint of Ireland more then I do when it's St. George's turn for a party. I don't even know when St. George's day is! I'm a terrible English...man...person. Do we say Englishman or English person? Or would I say Englishwoman? You know, because I'm a girl. That's how bad of one I am! I don't even know what I'm called. Oh, I'm going to upload some pictures and go to bed before I start to cry out of sheer shame and seeming lack of patriotism.



No comments:

Post a Comment