Sunday 13 March 2011

Wedges if Doom: Part 2



You may recall the wedges of doom. You know, the ones I wanted, they didn't have my size, I checked again, still didn't have my size, I find them in my size and fall off them and roll my ankle and ended up not buying them. Remember? Yeah? Well even if you don't, you can read about it here. (The Wedges of Doom.)


Well, I decided to kick fate in the butt. I bought them yesterday. And I wore them today. I was really nervous the whole time. I held on to Mr.K whilst I was walking whenever was socially acceptable and walked really slowly and cautiously (kinda dramatically actually) whenever it wasn't. Like when I need to go to the toilet at church today, I thought I better not ask Mr.K to help me into the bathroom. That would have been weird.


Ask me how my ankle is feeling. Well, let me tell you, it is FINE! I didn't fall over, I didn't roll my ankle, I didn't do anything to hurt myself at all actually. I just felt splendidly tall and maybe even a little vintage. That's because of the lace dress though, not the shoes. (I think those last two sentences are the closest I will ever come to being a fashion blogger.)


I have learnt a very valuable lesson. Screw fate and wear wedges as often as possible.


Wedges of DOOM, in your face!

7 comments:

  1. Absolute hilarity. Love love love the last bit xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree totally!! I wore mine yesterday at a race track, AND supermarket shopping!! Where did you get your gorge ones from? I often have to hold onto Dave for a wee bit of support- it can be hard being that high up hehe.. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're from New Look. Quite a bargain too. £19.99, then with a delicious 10% off with my student card. SAWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! {not sure how I feel about writing that.} I need to be braver like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Need to braver to say things like you go girl (which I loved by the way, I feel very empowered) or braver to wear wedges, because for me that took some serious guts too? Here's to being brave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Braver about buying shoes I don't think I can wear! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I told you so .... Momma always knows best :-)

    ReplyDelete